OCDD: Office for Citizens with Developmental Disabilities

This is a good time to connect with the state for lifelong support services from the Office for Citizens with Developmental Disabilities (OCDD).

Why is this important?

  • You can get on the wait list right away for services your child may need years later, like Medicaid Waivers.

  • You can get things like respite care, behavior support, crisis services, and cash benefits.

  • When your child is older, they may need help to live independently, stay employed, or interact with their community.

  • Even if your child doesn't need the services now, it's worth getting on the list! There will be a wait unless your child's needs are very urgent.

Click on the link at the bottom of the page to download more information on OCDD services. 

We'll tell you more about Medicaid Waivers later in this Guide. You can also see our Medicaid Waivers Guide.


Sources: LDH, OCDD