If you don't qualify

There are things you can do to find other support or try again.

What to do if you disagree with a decision by OCDD or Medicaid Waivers:

  • Call them back and explain why. Make sure you describe your limitations in detail. Tell them if you have no other services.

  • Make sure they have met with you face to face to determine your needs.

  • Ask them what other services you might be able to get. Be persistent!

  • Call a support organization like an Independent Living Center, an Arc, or Families Helping Families. (See the other section in the menu to learn more.)

  • Call the Louisiana Advocacy Center. They can give you advice and help you to stand up for your rights. 1-800-960-7705

  • If you need help taking care of yourself, call OAAS and ask them about Long Term Personal Care ServicesSee the page in the menu about this.

Click on the link below to download a copy of the Rights and Responsibilities of people applying for waivers. (It will open in a new tab or appear in the bottom corner of your screen.) 

It will tell you who to call with a complaint, and how to appeal a decision.

Keep reading! We'll tell you how to find more support!


Sources: OCDD, OAAS, FHF