Monitor your child's needs and your spot on the wait list
If you have already applied for Medicaid Waivers, that's great!
It could be one of the most important things you do to get support throughout your child's life.
If you applied but did not qualify:
- Ask the HSDoffice what other services you may be able to get. Explain your child's situation carefully. Describe why it's hard to take care of them, and exactly what kind of help you need.
- You can always apply again.
- If anything changes in your child's abilities or behavior that makes it harder to take care of them, call again and explain this to the HSD office.
If your child is on the Waivers wait list (Registry):
- TheHSDoffice will send you a letter every year to confirm that you still want services. Keep an eye out for this. You will have to respond!
- If anything changes with your family member’s health, abilities, or situation, call yourHSDoffice and tell them about the change. If it makes their needs more urgent, they make be able to move up in the wait list.F or example:
- * Have they been put in the hospital?
- Keep your eyes out for letters or phone calls from theHSDoffice. Make sure to reply if they ask you to.
* Have they started to have emotional issues?
* Have their skills gotten worse?
* Has their behavior become a problem?