See our Transition Guide to learn more

We'll tell you how your child can get support for living, working, and learning as an adult.

What does it include?

  • It will help you to see what kind of support your child can get during high school to help them prepare for adult life. 

  • We'll describe how to create a Transition Plan that helps your child get the right kinds of services and training to help them meet their goals.

  •  We'll tell you how to connect with adult services even if your child is no longer in school.

For example, did you know...

  • Transition services may include social skills training that can be helpful for kids with autism.

  • Students with autism should now qualify for support services from the Department of Developmental Services (DDS), even if they do not seem to have a developmental disability.