Applying for Medicaid Waivers and other services

Medicaid waivers are run through the Office for Citizens with Developmental Disabilities, or OCDD.

Here's what you can do:  

  • Call your Human Services District Office (HSD). These are the offices where you can connect with the OCDD programs.

  • Tell them you want to apply for Medicaid Waivers. 

  • Ask them what other services you may qualify for.

Here's what to expect:

  • They will meet with you to see if your child qualifies for Waivers or other services.

  • If your child qualifies, their name will go on a on a registry, or wait list.  The wait lists can be very long — sometimes 10 years or longer! 

  • You'll get a letter from the HSD office at least every year.  You must respond every year to confirm that you still want to be on the list!

To find your regional HSD Office:

See our Medicaid Waivers Guide to learn more. 


Sources: LDH, OCDD