Learn about the whole process in other Guide: Special Education Services.
Go to Tools at the top of your screen and choose Topics & Guides.
Learn how to get started with Special Education services and make sure your child gets the support they need during their school years.
We will explain:
- What kinds of support the school system can offer
- How to see what your child qualifies for
If you're just starting, we'll help with these steps:
1. Connect with the right people in your school system
2. Identify and explain your child's strengths and challenges
3. Get the evaluation to see what support your child needs
If your child qualifies for an Individualized Education Program (IEP), we'll show you how to:
- Prepare for the meetings with the IEP team
- Work with the team to create the best plan for your child
- Find support so you can speak up for your child's needs
- Monitor your child's progress