Apply for Waivers and other services

Here's what you can do:

  • Call your Human Services District Office (HSD).(See the list of regional offices below.)

  • Tell them you want to apply for Medicaid Waiver services.

  • Ask them what other services you may qualify for.

See our Medicaid Waivers Guide to learn more about this whole process.

Here's what to expect:

  • They will meet with you to see if you qualify for Waiver services or other services.

  • If your child qualifies, their name will go on a on the Registry, or wait list. The wait lists can be very long — sometimes 10 years or longer!

  • You'll get a letter from the HSD office at least every year. You have to respond to confirm that you still want to be on the list!

To find your regional HSD Office: 

Map of Louisiana showing the different regions and their corresponding Human Services District Office. To find yours, the Directory link above.


Sources: LDH, OCDD