See if you can get Medicaid health insurance
Louisiana residents who don't have a lot of money can get Medicaid for free.
- Is a complete health insurance plan for people who are poor or disabled
- Pays for most healthcare, including hospital stays, doctor visits, and prescription drugs
- Covers special support services for children and adults with disabilities, including autism
- Pays for state-funded residential services, day programs, and transportation between home and work
How can I apply or find out more?
- Call the Medicaid Customer Service Hotline:888-342-6207.
- Visit this website:Louisiana Medicaid Online Application Center. (It will open in a new tab on your screen)
- You can apply in person, by mail, online or by phone.
This table is just an estimate. To be sure that you qualify, click on thisMonthly Income Limits Chart. Look under your family size to see if you qualify for the different programs.
If your child has a disability, they may qualify for Medicaid for a monthly cost — even if you are above the income guidelines. Ask about this when you apply!
Sources: Jackins (2010), LDH