Public assistance programs


There are several programs that can help you to pay for some of the things you need.

Most families with low income can qualify for them. 

On the next screens, we'll tell you about the following government programs:

  • SNAP — Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program(also called food stamps)

  • TANF or FITAP — Temporary Assistance for Needy Families or Family Independence Temporary Assistance Program (also called welfare)

  • LIHEAP — Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program

Then we'll tell you about other ways to get help paying for your needs.


<< Back                       Next >>