SNAP (food stamps)

See if your family can get SNAP (food stamps)

SNAP is the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, also known as food stamps.

There are 3 ways to apply for SNAP:

  1. Apply online. First you need to create an account at the Customer Portal: LA CAFE.

  2. Call 888-LAHELP-U (888-524-3578).

  3. Or click on the link at the bottom of the page below to download and print the application form. (It will open in a new tab or appear in the bottom corner of your screen) Mail it to your localDepartment of Children & Family Services(DCFS) office.

You can also use your LA CAFE account to apply for these other benefits - all in one place!

Image of the SNAP Progam logo

  • Family Independence Temporary Assistance Program (FITAP)

  • Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)

  • Kinship Care Subsidy Program (KCSP)

  • Child Support Enforcement Services 

For more info on SNAP, see the LA SNAP page or the U.S. SNAP page.


Sources: Social Security, LA DCFS


<< Back                       Next >>