The Children's Autism Medicaid Waiver is a program to give intensive in-home services to children with severe autism.
It is for kids who may need to go to an institution if they don't get this help. There are a limited number of slots.
If your child has autism is under age 9 and is covered by MassHealth, you can apply for this through the Department of Developmental Services (DDS).
- What you can do to apply:
- Contact your local Autism Support Center. Ask them to help you with the process.
- Find out when the application process is open. DDS only accepts applications for a short period each year.
- During the open period, fill out the online application. Click the button below to download an example of the 2015 application request form.
2015 Application Renewal Request Form
If you have questions:
- Call 1-888-367-4435
- Send an email to AutismDivision@state.ma.us
- Contact your local Autism Support Center (Click to open the web page in a new tab.)
Sources:Autism Insurance Resource Center,The Arc of MA, MADept. of Developmental Services