First steps to find support services

You might need some support to help you live on your own.There are many state offices and other organizations that can help you. 

Here are the first steps:

  • Connect with the Office for Citizens with Developmental Disabilities (OCDD)

  • Apply for Medicaid Waivers

  • Call your nearest Center for Independent Living and ask for their advice.

We'll tell you more about all these services and how to apply. We also have special Guide about Medicaid Waivers to lead you through the whole process!

Finding a place to live is also important! We'll get to that.

See the sections in the menu on the left about finding housing.