You can file a complaint if:
you can't reach an agreement with the school, and
you feel strongly that the school is violating legal requirements
This goes through the MA Department of Elementary and Secondary Education's Problem Resolution System.
Here's what you can do:
1. Go to this website: http://www.doe.mass.edu/pqa/prs/.
2. Choose your language from the drop-down menu.
3. Click the small box to get the Intake Form.
(See below. We included a big red arrow to show you where the box is!)
You can also click the button below to download the form in English. (It will open in a new tab or be at the bottom corner of your screen.)
4. Complete the Form
5. Make copies. Keep one for yourself.
6. Send one copy to your school district.
7. Send another copy to the PRS Intake Coordinator. There are 3 ways to do this (pick one):
Email the form to Compliance@doe.mass.edu. The subject line should read: [YOUR LAST NAME] PRS Intake Form. For example: Smith PRS Intake Form.
Send it by mail:
Send another copy to the PRS Intake Coordinator. There are 3 ways to do this (pick one):
PRS Intake Coordinator
75 Pleasant Street
Malden, MA 02148-4906
- Fax it to 781-338-3710
NOTE: If you are not the child's parent, guardian, or an adult student, make sure you fill out the section called "Confidentiality and Third Party Information Sharing". It looks like this:
Source: MA DESE