Students are expected to build their literacy skills in each grade.
How do you know what your child should be able to do at their grade level?
Click on these resources from Great Schools: (Each will open in a new tab.)
- ELA/Literacy skills by grade
- Choose your child's grade at the top, from grade 3-8
- Videos of what's expected in each grade
- Information for grades K-5, Middle School and High School
- LEAP 2025 Practice Tests
- Scroll down to Practice Tests and pick your child's grade and ELA (English Language Arts)
- These are the statewide performance assessments for Louisiana schools
Each Spring, all Louisiana schools test students in grades 3-12 to see if they are meeting the expectations for literacy and other subjects. They are called the LEAP 2025 tests. (See the Assessment page in the section above, Identifying a learning challenge.)
Sources: LDOE, Great Schools